The registration period for the Cash Payout Scheme is from 21 June 2020 to 31 December 2021. Eligible persons may choose, having regard to their own circumstances, to register through the participating retail banks or the Hongkong Post (click here for the list of banks).
(I) Register through internet banking (including webpage and mobile apps) or bank’s website, and receive payment through a specified bank account.
- Registration starts from 21 June 2020;
- Payment in respect of the electronic registrations received within the first ten days of registration (i.e. from 21 June to 30 June 2020) will be deposited to the bank accounts specified by the registrants starting from 6 July (Monday) simultaneously after confirming the eligibility of the registrants;
- For electronic registrations received on or after 1 July 2020, payment will be deposited to the bank accounts specified by the registrants about one week after completing registration and confirming the eligibility of the registrant. For instance, for electronic registrations received on 1 July, payment will be deposited to the bank accounts specified by the registrants around 9 July upon verification.
(II) Send the completed paper registration Form (1) by post to GPO Box 182020, Hong Kong or by hand to any branches of the bank specified for receiving payment, and receive payment through a specified account;
(III) Send the completed paper registration Form (2) by post to GPO Box 182020, Hong Kong or put it in the drop-box at any post offices, and collect an “order cheque”; or
(IV) Browse the Hongkong Post’s website and submit the completed electronic registration form, and collect an “order cheque”
During the first six weeks of the registration period of the Scheme
- Registration by paper form commences in batches during the first six weeks of the registration period. Eligible persons who choose to submit paper registration forms through the means of registration described in II or III above should follow the batching period for commencing registration according to the respective batch by year of birth as set out below. The registration commencement period for each batch is two weeks.
||Year of birth
||Commencement date of registration
||Expected date of receiving payment/notification of cheque collection
||1955 or before
||21 June 2020
||From 15 July 2020
||1956 to 1970
||5 July 2020
||From 29 July 2020
||1971 to 2002
||19 July 2020
||From 12 August 2020
- Eligible persons who choose to receive order cheques may also submit electronic registration forms online at any time after commencement of the registration (i.e. through the means of registration described in IV above).
- For eligible persons who register through banks, payment will be deposited to their specified bank accounts around two weeks after the end of the registration commencement period for their respective batch (e.g. the registration commencement period for Batch 1 is from 21 June to 4 July 2020).
- Eligible persons who register through the Hongkong Post through the means of registration described in III or IV above will be notified by the Hongkong Post to collect their cheques in person at the specified post offices about two weeks after the end of the registration commencement period for their respective batch.
- Registrants will not receive payment faster due to early registration or online submission of electronic registration forms through Hongkong Post’s website.
After the first six weeks of the registration period of the Scheme (i.e. on or after 2 August 2020)
- Eligible persons who have not registered during the first six weeks of the registration commencement period, regardless of their year of birth, may register at any time on or before 31 December 2021. Registrants will receive payment or notifications of cheque collection about two weeks after successful registration.
Click here for examples illustrating the earliest dates on which registrants may register and receive payment in different scenarios.